There's a lot more than books at the South End Branch Library. The building is a great community resource with computers and other tools, and also offers programs for children and adults. The library's collection includes books and documents pertaining to local history, as well a large collection of adult fiction and scholarly reading. Popular newspapers and magazines are available, as are music CDs, DVDs and audiobooks. The children's section includes a large collection of picture and story books.
The library offers free Wi-Fi for those with laptop computers, and free access (with library card) to a bank of desktop computers. Printers are also available.
The South End Branch Library offers many programs throughout the year, including recurring weekly story hours for children, film programs and a monthly adult book club. English classes are offered to adults on a weekly basis. Seasonal programming includes craft, music and literary programs, and a Summer Reading Club for children. During summer months, visitors can enjoy the adjacent Library Park, with bench seating and Wi-Fi access.
- Hours: Mon, 10am - 6pm; Tue, noon - 8pm; Wed, Thu, 10am - 6pm; Fri, 9am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level with the sidewalk.
- Founding Date: 1877
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Programs/classes: Toddler and preschool story hour, weekly children's film program, homework assistance tutors, monthly adult book discussion group, weekly English conversation class
- Wi-Fi: Free