1. Temperatures are expected to drop below freezing tonight. During the day, it’s supposed to be windy but sunny, with a high of 45.
2. The Friends of Sparrow Park are throwing a Holiday Winter Party this Saturday, Dec. 10, from 2 to 3 p.m., at Titus Sparrow Park. The party will feature caroling, kids’ activities, treats and a visit from Ol’ St. Nick himself.
3. The is this Saturday, Dec. 10, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., in the Cathedral High School gymnasium. The market will feature more than 80 juried artists and designers from around New England. Check out or the event’s website for complete details.
4. is having a from 5 to 7 p.m. tonight. Come sample three French wines – a red Bordeaux, a white Bordeaux and a warming Madiran.
5. The will meet at the store, at 652 Tremont St., for a fun run and light drills at 6:30 p.m. this evening. Everyone’s invited, and it’s free.