School Registration Help for South End Parents

The family resource centers are open now. Remember to bring a photo ID if you're a parent/guardian or student older than 18.

The Boston Public Schools Family Resource Centers help students and families navigate the registration process. They also help with things such as transcript requests, changing a home address and more.

Please note that a parent and/or guardian with a photo ID, or a student photo ID if the student is 18 years of age or older, is required for all transactions.


From the Boston Public Schools website:

All centers will be open on Aug. 6 to help families and students: 

  • East Boston Satellite Registration Center
    312 Border St, East Boston (south side of Umana Academy)
    Help available in English and Spanish. 
  • East Zone Family Resource Center
    1216 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester (driveway beside the Burger King)
    Help available in English, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
  • North Zone Family Resource Center
    75 Malcolm X Blvd., Roxbury (Madison Park play space entrance)
    Help available in Cantonese, Cape Verdean Creole, English, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish. 
  • West Zone Family Resource Center
    515 Hyde Park Ave., Roslindale (near Cummins Highway)
    Help available in Cape Verdean Creole, English, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese and Spanish.

The family resource centers can help with the following:

Transfer requests - For students attending Boston Public Schools who would like to apply for a seat in another Boston Public school. There are certain limitations on transfers and they are not guaranteed. *Required document(s): Parent/guardian photo ID.

Change of Address - For BPS students who have moved to another Boston address - if a student moves to a different assignment zone, s/he may transfer to a school in their new zone. A student may also stay at his/her original school if their family agrees to provide their own transportation to and from that school. *Required document(s): Parent/guardian photo ID and two different proofs of residency at new Boston address. Here is a list of accepted forms of residency documents.

Edit Information - For BPS students who need to update their home phone number, emergency contact, email address, etc. *Required document(s): Parent/guardian photo ID.

Information on BPS - Each Family Resource Center has various materials on the school district, school choices, and other BPS programs and offerings. Registration Specialists are also on-hand to talk with you about your family's needs.

Updates on Assignment and Wait lists - All families who register for BPS will receive notice by mail of their school assignments and/or wait lists. However, families may also call one of resource centers for updates on the status of their application for assignment when information becomes available. See the What's Next? page for more information. *Parents/Guardians and Students 18 years or older: Please bring a photo ID with you when visiting any of centers.

Looking for a BPS transcript? - If you are currently attending a BPS school, or your last BPS school is still open, transcripts are available through that school. See our school listings for contact information. For more information, please check here: Request a Transcript.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something