Here is an overview of how the projects on the agenda fared:
Design Review Applications
60 Chandler St.
- Continuation of July 2011 review. Replace casement windows in non-conforming front and rear dormers.
331 Shawmut Ave.
- Install roof deck on rear roof, which faces Upton Street.
Cathedral Housing, 42, 45-51, 61, 63 and 73 Harrison Archway
- Rebuild the parapets of four drive-through arch segments that link the central tower buildings to flanking buildings. Existing cast stone elements will be reinstalled. The existing parapet brick was replaced several years ago and does not match the original brick. The proposed replacement brick will match the original brick as closely as possible. Replace the flat roofs and flashings behind these parapets (not visible from a public way). Other work will involve selective repointing of masonry walls and repair of expansion joints.
474 Shawmut Ave.
- Replace existing blade sign with new 3-foot-by-2-foot blade sign, using existing sign bracket. The new sign will be aluminum, color red, with raised copper lettering.
16 Cazenove St.
- Replace five aluminum clad windows with aluminum clad 2/2 windows, with dark jamb liners and dark mesh half screens. Replace six aluminum clad windows at rear (exempt).
- Replace existing board sign and blade sign on Tremont Street elevation with matching signs that show new logo of the center. Replace existing board sign on Warren Avenue elevation to match and install new blade sign to match Tremont Street blade sign.
15 Braddock Park, Apt. 3
- Replace four aluminum 1/1 windows at attic dormers with aluminum-clad wood windows. The single dormer and the wide central window of the attic bay dormer will have a 2/2 configuration. The two narrow flanking windows in the attic bay dormer will have a 1/1 configuration. The windows will have dark jamb liners and dark mesh half screens.
- Continuation of May 2011/January 2012 reviews. Install canopy at main entrance over public sidewalk.
231 W Canton St., Unit 4, and 233 W Canton St., Unit 4
- Remove existing roof decks and privacy wall. Install roof deck with larger footprint and install a 6-foot, 4-inch tall privacy screen between the deck. (Awaiting mock-up)
- Demolish the existing one-story, 20th-century structure on the site and construct a residential condominium building with retail space on the ground floor.
Review of Architectural Violations
237 Northampton St.
- Installation of utility meters and pipes on the front elevation of the property, done without commission review or approval.
More coverage from Wednesday's meeting: