As Latino Heritage Month draws to a close, the son of Boston's first Latino city councilor is hosting a celebration at City Hall.
Felix Arroyo, an at-large city councilor, invites everyone to this year's celebration. It will be held on Monday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the council chambers, which are on the fifth floor of City Hall.
There will be live music and free food. This year, the city's burgeoning Latino business sector takes center stage. The following small business owners will be recognized, including one from the South End:
- Nivia J. Piña (Vejigantes Restaurant - South End)
- Nobel Garcia (El Oriental de Cuba in JP)
- Luis Ernesto Gonzalez (Crystal Fruit in JP)
- Jose D. Gutierrez and Aida L. Gomez (Tacos El Charro in JP)
- Aida Lopez (La Casa de los Regalos in JP)
- John Lee Diaz (Law Office of John Lee Diaz)
- Jose Duarte (Taranta Restaurant)
- Miguel Fuentes (Fuentes Market)
- Raymond & Darlin Liriano (Liriano Market)
- Jody Mendoza (Mojitos Latin Lounge)