1. It should be sunny and pleasant today, with temperatures reaching the low 50s.
2. More than 150 seniors came out for United South End Settlements’ annual Senior Holiday Dinner Dance Friday at the Harriet Tubman House. The Platinum Singers, USES’ senior choir, kicked off the event with holiday tunes, while state Sen. Pat Jehlen, Rep. Byron Rushing and Rep. Gloria Fox helped serve food. “Our seniors look forward to this event year after year,” USES President and CEO Kevin Hepner said. “There is nothing more warming than to see these dear people gathered in a spirit of joy, celebration and care for one another. It never ceases to amaze me when I see them hit the dance floor after enjoying our meal. Some of them can dance circles around me!”
3. has the second best holiday window display in the city, according to online voters in the “Deck the Windows of Boston Main Streets” contest. The Senegalese restaurant on Washington Street was named as last week and then finished second in the online vote to .
4. In case you missed it: Boston City Councilors Wednesday. Take our and let us know what you think about the controversial hire.
5. Also Wednesday, the South End’s John Keith . It’s worth checking out.