1. Temperatures are expected to reach 57 degrees – yes, 57 degrees – today. Rain is expected to hit the area from 9 a.m. to about noon.
2. Former Boston Mayor Kevin H. White will be laid to rest Wednesday, Feb. 1. A procession will leave the Parkman House, 33 Beacon St., at 10 a.m. () and will lead into a funeral mass at Saint Celia’s Church on Belvidere Street in Back Bay. A public reception will follow at the Boston Public Library’s main branch on Boylston Street. Check back to South End Patch later this afternoon for coverage of the funeral. Also, , and see our .
3. If tasting beer and food and listening to music wasn’t enough, the United South End Settlements’ (USES) from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday at the Harriet Tubman House will also feature four former New England Patriots players, including three-time Super Bowl champ, offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi.
4. There are two neighborhood association meetings in the South End tonight. The Eight Streets Neighborhood Association will meet at 6:30 p.m. in fifth-floor board room. The business portion of the meeting, which starts at 7 p.m., will address the new building proposal for 518 Tremont St., the “Old Dutch Candy,” one-story building between Dwight Street and PA705. A vote will take place after a presentation. The Chester Square Area Neighborhood Association will meet at 7 p.m. at the Harriet Tubman Building.
5. ONEin3 Boston’s Career Advancement Team and Roxbury Community College are putting on “Get Your Dream Job: HR Secrets Revealed” for first-time entrants into the job market from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2, at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center, 1350 Tremont St. Complete details.