.

Three Held Without Bail in Connection with Fatal Shooting Near South End

A 15-year-old high school student was among three charged in the Southampton Street slaying of a 20-year-old man last week.

Three men, including a 15-year-old high school student were ordered held without bail in connection with a fatal shooting on Southampton Street in Roxbury last week that left one victim dead.

Raymond M. Concepcion, 15, was charged as the accused shooter. He is being charged as an adult. Co-defendants, Jaquan Derrick Hill, 19, of Brockton, and Shakeem Johnson, 21, of Hyde Park were also charged in the murder. 

All three pleaded not guilty and were held without bail. 

The victim was a 20-year-old man. His name has not yet been released by authorities. 

Police said the incident occured at 6:45 on Wednesday evening when a male exited a vehicle stopped in traffic on Southampton Street near the South End, approached a car ahead of him in traffic, and fired a gun into the vehicle. The gunman then ducked back into the car and it drove onto I-93 South, police said. 

Police in the area reportedly heard the gunshots and were able to identify the suspect's car. They followed it onto I-93 and pulled the car over, taking all three men into custody. Police shut down I-93 South to search for evidence. Police allegedly found a gun they believe was used in the shooting. 

The defendants will next appear in court on Dec. 5 for a probable cause hearing.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something