Dinner Specials at Flour
- Sometimes, we all just have a little too much on our plates – which is why Flour Bakery + Café is always happy to step in and check dinner off your list. If you just don’t have the energy to fire up the oven (or drag out the hotplate; let’s be honest), swing by and pick up one of their always changing weekly dinner specials. Through Friday, Feb. 17, you can grab chicken-fried flank steak with spicy mac and cheese; slow roasted pork loin with black-eyed peas; or corn maux-choux with sweet potato mash.
Formaggio Kitchen In-Store Demos
- Get ready to have a little knowledge dropped on you courtesy of Formaggio Kitchen during two in-store demonstrations scheduled for this weekend. First up on Saturday, Feb. 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Rachel Saunders from Blue Chair Fruit Company will be visiting with her artisan jams, marmalades, and preserves, as well as plenty of signed copies of her cookbook. Then on Sunday, Feb. 19, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., it’s time for On the Edge Knife Sharpening, so bring your dullest knives, scissors, garden tools, and more for Patti to sharpen up and send you on your way (remember, no running).
$7 Bites on Sundays & Mondays at Red Lantern
- The start to the week can be kind of a drag, so let Red Lantern perk you up with their $7 Bites menu on Sunday and Monday nights. Sample delectable small plates like spicy tuna bites, Peking duck spring rolls, and pineapple fried rice, and don’t forget to wet your whistle with a glass of their featured wine or sake while you’re at it.
Stella Guest Chef Mondays
- On Monday, Feb. 20, head to Stella for the next installment of their Guest Chef Mondays series. Chef Evan Deluty will be welcoming Robin King of Oro in Scituate to create a special appetizer, entrée, and dessert for $40 per person at 5:30 p.m. Chef King used to work at Stella under Chef Deluty, so make sure you show up for this fun reunion. Reservations are recommended.
Pairing Shellfish with Wine at B&G Oysters
- Barbara Lynch’s B&G Oysters presents their latest Master Class, “Pairing Shellfish with Wine” presented by husband and wife team Terry Theise and Odessa Piper. The class is on Thursday, Feb. 23, from 3 to 4 p.m. and costs $50 per person. Space is limited, so call 617-423-0550 to make sure you have a front-row seat for the shucking and sipping.