1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 75 degrees. The evening will cool of to 57 degrees with a chance of showers.
2. Car Free Week: This week is Car Free Week. Boston joins over 1,000 cities in 40 countries across the globe in an effort to highlight the community, environmental, and quality of life benefits of reducing the number of vehicles on the road by encouraging people to walk, bike, use public transit, or carpooling. See here for more information.
3. Talk like a Pirate: And drink like one too at the Boston Center for Adult Education’s (BCAE) “The Arrrrrt of the Cocktail: Fun with Rum” from tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. Captain Leopard Head, the mixologist formally known as Domingo Martin Barres, will show students how to shake up rum-based libations like the “Captain Jack,” “Walk the Plank,” “Barberry Coast” and other sea-worthy sippers as they celebrate everything that makes being a pirate great. Registration is necessary, cost is $50. See here for more information.
4. Sculpture in the Park: An exhibition of site-responsive sculpture in historic Franklin Square will be installed from September 15-30, in conjunction with South End Open Studios. See here for more details.
5. The Bostonians: The Boston Public Library is hosting a showing of The Bostonians, based on the Henry James novel, from 6 to 8 p.m. for free.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.