1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a rainy day after 10 a.m. with a high near 77 degrees. The afternoon will get breezy and there's a chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Overnight, temperatures will drop down to 63 degrees.
2. Gov. Patrick Stops By: Governor Deval Patrick will be in the neighborhood today, when he tours the Boston Health Care for the Homeless program at Boston Medical Center (780 Albany St.). The governor will make his appearance around 12 p.m. today.
3. Mayor Menino Stops By: Not to be outdone by the Governor, Mayor Menino will also be in the South End today,when he stops by Blackstone Elementary School (380 Shawmut Ave.) to join students in kicking off Boston Public Schools’ new, single stream recycling program. Joining the Mayor for the program will be Blackstone’s Principal Cynthia Paris-Jeffries and Boston Public Schools Deputy Superintendent Michael Goar. The event will take place at 11 a.m.
4. Winesdays: Don't just drink wine...learn to taste it. With the help of an expert, savor a new selection from a featured winery each month at the Museum of Fine Arts at 5:30 p.m. Cost of admission is $25, which includes hors d’oeuvres and wine.
5. Parent-Child Art Classes: The Children's Art Centre (36 Rutland St.) has partnered with USES to provide a variety of parent and child art classes for children 10 months to three years. These once-a-week classes will introduce you and your child to innovative arts experiences in a nurturing, developmentally appropriate atmosphere. Fall "Mama & Me" classes include: Paint Playground, Art Sampler and Holiday Art and Paint and Play. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.