1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny Friday with a high of 77 degrees. The evening will cloud over and cool off to 58 degrees.
2. Silhouette Art: Come to Tadpole (58 Clarendon St.) today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and in just a few short minutes you'll have a memory of your child that you will cherish in the form of silhouette art from Clay Rice. The cost is $42 per child, and you'll receive two copies. Additional copies plus framing options are available. Learn more or reserve a spot.
3. South End Art Openings: There are three art openings happening tonight in the South End. is at Gold Gallery, Carol Daynard's Travel Impressions is at OKW on Tremont Street, and the Robert Klein Gallery will be at Ars Libri on Harrison Ave. Take your pick or visit them all.
4. Teen Art: Parents, send your artistic teens ages 12-15 to the Children's Art Centre (36 Rutland St.) today for a free creative workshop on self-portraits. The workshop gets under way from 4-6 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Register and see more information here.
5. Beer Tasting: Stop by the Formaggio Kitchen South End (268 Shawmut Ave.) today from 5 to 7 p.m. to try a selection of beers a tiny local breweries, Mystic Brewing out of Chelsea, MA. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.