1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a foggy, cloudy day with showers starting after 4 p.m. and a high of 67 degrees. The evening will be rainy as well with a low around 57 degrees.
2. Fakus a Noir and Bright New Boise: There are two options for entertainment tonight at the Boston Center for the Arts: Fakus - A Noir, a head-spinning theatrical romp mingling money, passion and dreams and a Bright New Boise, a touchingly funny reckoning between a father and son. Take your pick.
3. New England Aquarium Fall Lecture: The New England Aquarium is hosting 10 free lectures on climate change, conservation, research and wild life. Tonight’s lecture, held at 6:30 p.m., comes from participants from the aquarium’s teen programs will talk about the first steps in a career in marine sciences.
4. American Ancestors Website: The Boston Public Library is offering a course on AmericanAncestors.org from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. The New England Historic Genealogical Society runs this site.
5. Free Admission to Museums This Weekend: Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders will receive free access to The American Textile History Museum, The Cape Cod Museum of Art, The Harvard Museum of Natural History, The Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (Mass MoCA), The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, The Worcester Art Museum and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art this Saturday and Sunday. Learn more here.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.