1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with a high near 76 degrees. There is a chance of showers in the evening with a low of 62 degrees.
2. It's Finally Oktober: Coda (329 Columbus Ave) is holding a one-day celebration of Oktoberfest today, with lunch and dinner grilled sausage specials, and lots of German and American Oktoberfests and marzen beers! See here for more details.
3. BCC is Accepting Grant Applications: The Boston Cultural Council (BCC) accepting applications for their 2013 grant funding cycle in the categories of music, visual arts, film/video, folk and traditional arts, and the field trip grant. Deadline is October 15 at 5 p.m.
4. Help Kids, Earn Cash: Help underserved children get the education they need in a one-on-one setting. Cathedral High School (74 Union Park St.) is seeking paid tutors, lead tutors and a program coodinator. See here more information, including the job description and pay rate.
5. Get Stung at Beehive: Today from 6 to 8 p.m., co-owner and resident curator of The Beehive Restaurant (541 Tremont St.) Jennifer Epstein will host the 13th installment in The Beehive's continuing art series entitled, Sting! 13: Indoor, Outdoor. The event features the launch of a new art installation at The Beehive and For this 13th installment, Epstein joined forces with two of the leading contemporary art galleries in Boston, the Ellen Miller Gallery and the LaMontagne Gallery to bring together a remarkable group of local artists, or artists with Boston connections. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.