1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a great Friday. It’s going to be sunny with a high of 80 degrees. There’s a slight chance of rain after 3 a.m., temperatures will lower to 62 degrees.
2. Greek Festival - The is hosting a weekend-long Greek Festival in the South End this weekend, and all are invited. Stop by the church at 15 Union Park Street on Friday from 6-10 p.m., Saturday from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. or Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. for church tours, homemade Greek food, and live Greek music.
3. Fall Wine Tasting - Stop by (268 Shawmut Ave.) between 5 and 7 p.m. today to taste three wines chosen specifically to ease the transition into cooler fall weather. Wines will be poured by Kevin from Ideal Wines. .
4. Os Musicos: Every third Saturday, hear musicians improvise on the sonic sculpture, Os Musicos, from the Os Gemeos exhibit at the Institute for Contemporary Art at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
5. Meet the Councilor: Boston City Councilor At-Large Ayanna Pressley will be in the South End on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. for a "Yappy Hour." No, that's not a typo - she'll be at Peters Park and wants to meet you and your dog, and hear about what's happening in the neighborhood. Complimentary treats from will be provided.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.