1. Scorcher: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny Friday with a high of 93 degrees. Thunderstorms/showers in the evening should cool things off to about 69 degrees.
2. North End's Fisherman’s Feast: From 5 to 9:15 p.m., there will be live music and good food for sale at 285 North St.
3. UPNA Evening in the Park: Head to Union Park on Saturday from 6-8 p.m. for a picnic in the park with The Carl Eisman World Quartet, and a make-your-own-sundae compliments of the UPNA.
4. A Day in the Park: Head to , (1525 Washington St.) on Saturday afternoon for free fun for the whole family! Hot dogs, sausages and slushies from Chubbie Dog will be for sale, there will be a live DJ, face painting, pie-eating contest and fun games. Stop by between noon and 4 p.m.
5. Rosebud: Every Friday for the rest of August, the South End Library will show a movie classic as part of the BPL's Noir Fridays series. This week: Citizen Kane, with Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton. “The Maltese Falcon” and The Lady From Shanghai” are on the list for August 24 and August 31, respectively. For more info, click here.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch: