1. Rain Headed This Way: The National Weather Service predicts a rainy day with a chance of thunderstorms after 10 a.m. and temperatures as high as 84 degrees. Showers will lessen as the evening progresses.
2. Your Own Summer Games: On Monday, August 28th from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m., Equinox on Dartmouth Street will challenge hopefuls with the Ultimate Summer Games Fitness Challenge. Open to all levels, this class will have group fitness students fighting to be the best in 8 categories including shot-put, hurdles, gymnastics, swimming, kayaking, Tae Kwon Do, weightlifting and track. After this challenge, gym-goers will have a taste of what it takes to be the best of the best. .
3. Landmark’s Festival at the Shell: The Longwood Symphony Orchestra will be performing for free at the Hatch Shell (1 Storrow Dr.) at 7 p.m. Conductor Matthew Aucoin will leads the LSO in an all-Mozart program, including three of Mozart's most beloved works: the Overture to Don Giovanni, Piano Concerto No. 21, and Symphony No. 41 ("Jupiter"). The rain location is at the Back Bay Events Center (180 Berkeley Street). See here for more information.
4. BPL Game Tournament: An Uno game challenge for kids will be held at the Central Branch of the BPL from 2 to 3 p.m. This event is free and the winner will be awarded a prize.
5. The Last Tenement Exhibition: Originally set up at the Old State House, this exhibit documents the history of the West End during the immigration era from 1850 to 1958 at the West End Museum.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch: