1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 80 degrees. There is a slight chance of thunderstorms before 3 p.m. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 68 degrees.
2. Cask ‘n Flagon Says Goodbye (and Good Riddance) to former Red Sox Players with Jersey Trade-In: Toss out your Beckett, Crawford or Gonzalez jerseys at at their on-site jersey drop off to exchange for 50 percent off one item of Cask merchandise. The jerseys that are dropped off will then be donated to various non-profits in the Greater Los Angeles area. This free event starts at 4 p.m.
3. Election Results: Yesterday's turnout was pretty low, considering most races were uncontested. See here for full results.
4. Sharpen Your Knives: Patty from On the Edge Knife Sharpening will be in store at (268 Shawmut Ave) from 4-7 p.m. tonight. Stop by to get those kitchen staples sharpened up! Price is determined by the size of the knife.
5. ICA First Fridays: Back to School: SOWA and the Institute of Contemporary Art team up for First Fridays with a gallery connection between the ICA and the galleries at 450 Harrison Avenue. This event begins at 5 p.n. and costs $15 for non-ICA members.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.