1) Blackstone/Franklin meeting tonight: The Blackstone/Franklin Square Neighborhood Association meets tonight. The agenda includes presentations on the Puerto Rican Veterans Memorial, Mt. Washington Bank and Pathways to Wellness. The 7 p.m. meeting is at the Franklin House.
2) The many faces of SoWa: If you missed Sunday’s art alk and open market, you missed a lot. .
3) Tell your best story about mom to the Y: Healthy living is a great gift for Mother’s Day. The will give away a two-month family membership, $100 Visa gift card, three personal training sessions and a nutrition consultation for your stories about mom. Share your story on the site, and the Y will put it on their Facebook page. The top five most-liked stories win the prize.
4) Senseless vandalism: Looks like someone killed a young Elm tree at 605 Mass Ave.. The report was made on Citizens Connect and picked up by Universal Hub. You can see a picture of the damage here.
5) Weather: There’s a 60 percent chance of rain and an expected high of 56 today, according to the National Weather Service. There’s a good chance of rain through Friday, so keep the wellies and umbrella at the ready.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something