1. Freshening up fountains: The fountains in Blackstone and Franklin squares are about to get the restoration work they need. The South End Landmarks District Commission gave final approval to the work Tuesday night. They also approved plans for at Columbus and Chandler.
2. Cycling trouble spots in the South End: . Mass Ave. and Tremont are cause for worry because of the amount and speed of traffic, and the conditions of the roads. Others were concerned about cyclists themselves, citing sidewalk riding and weaving as potential dangers. and let us know about the places that worry you the most.
3. Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl: It's back! The Scooperbowl returns for its 30th year of gut-busting for a good cause. The event is taking place through Thursday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. at . Costs $10 for kids age 10 and up, $5 for kids age 3-9 and it is free of charge for children under age 3. There is also a $20 pass to enter up to three times.
4. Boston City Council Weekly Meeting: The Boston City Council is meeting at , Iannella Chambers, 5th Flr. 1 Cambridge St Boston, MA 02108 for their weekly meeting at 12 p.m. These are open to the public and is also available on Comcast channel 8, RCN channel 82 and on webcast. This meeting will focus on the first capital budget vote deadline. Check out the official agenda for more information.
5. Boston School Committee Meeting: From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., there will be training for School Committee Members on Massachusetts Regulations on Educator Evaluations. At 6 p.m., Official School Committee Meeting will begin. This meeting is being held in the Winter Chambers 26 Court St. Boston, MA 02108. Visit the city's calendar for more information.