1) The will become accessible to everyone. The library will get a $13,000 handicapped-accessible door thanks to an $8,000 Prudential Project Advisory Committee grant and private donations, according to the Friends of the South End Library. With the new door, the library will become ADA compliant.
2) In case you missed it: South Enders are sounding off on the idea of . The public bins would help keep the streets clean, according to City Councilor Felix Arroyo, but are these bins (and their ads) appropriate for the South End? Join the conversation here.
3) This week’s Readers’ Choice topic is Mother’s Day brunch. Since mothers and families outnumber the seats at neighborhood brunch spots, finding the right place and locking down a reservation is always a tough trick to pull off. . Maybe you’ll find a new family tradition based on your neighbors’ suggestions.
4) Claim your listing: If you own a South End business, there’s a quick and easy thing you can do to reach your neighborhood customers. When you , you get free tools to help let everyone know about the latest goods on sale, changes to your hours and much, much more. It take no time at all: You can make your claim before your Monday morning coffee finishes brewing.
5) Weather: Boy howdy, it was cold last night. Fortunately, that won’t last: Expect sunshine a high temperature in the lower 60’s today. Unfortunately, the night brings rain and Tuesday’s shaping up to be a washout.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something