Trash collection around any holiday can be confusing, but when you've got several holidays strung together—and lots of added trash from those gift boxes and holiday parites—it's even harder to track.
Here is the trash collection schedule for all Boston neighborhoods, including the South End:
Christmas Week 2012
(Tuesday, Dec. 25 at 7 a.m. to Saturday, Dec. 29 at 5 p.m.)
- Monday, Dec. 24—Regular trash and recycling in all Boston neighborhoods
- Tuesday, Dec. 25—No trash or recycling in all Boston neighborhoods
For Fenway, Lower Roxbury, Mission Hill, the South End and parts of Back Bay with a Tuesday collection, the next trash day will be Friday, Dec. 28.
For Bay Village, Beacon Hill, Charlestown, Chinatown, Leather District, the North End, and parts of Back Bay with a Monday/Thursday collection trash will run on its regular schedule.
In Allston, Brighton, Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, South Boston and West Roxbury, trash will run on its regular schedule for Monday, Dec. 24, then be delayed one day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The exception is for Jamaica Plain residents who have their trash collected twice a week; there will be no delay for them.
New Years Day 2012
On Monday, Dec. 31, trash will be on its regular schedule for all Boston neighborhoods.
Tuesday Jan. 1:
- Bay Village Beacon Hill, Charlestown, Chinatown, Fenway, Leather District, Lower Roxbury, Mission Hill, North End, South End and sections of Back Bay will be on the regular schedule, with no delays.
- Allston, Brighton, Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, South Boston and West Roxbury will be on their regular schedule on Monday, Dec. 31, then delayed a day on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Again, there will be no delays for residents of Jamaica Plain who have their trash picked up twice a week.