1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with a high of 67 degrees. There’s a chance of rain headed our way after 4 p.m. Overnight, the evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 48 degrees.
2. Boston SCORES in the South End - SCORES, the city's only non-profit that uses soccer, poetry, and service-learning to inspire healthy living, lifelong learning, and leadership in Boston’s at-risk youth, is holding its annual gala event tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Cyclorama at the Boston Center for The Arts (539 Tremont St.) The event includes performances from America SCORES Boston's poet-athletes, a small-sided field for soccer activities, and appearances from professional soccer stars, and networking opportunities with local business leaders and Boston philanthropists. See here for more information.
3. Jazz and R&B Concert: The John Kleshinski Concert Series kicks off tonight at 7 p.m. at the Community Music Center of Boston (34 Warren Ave.) with a night of jazz and R&B. Join in for "An Evening with Curtis Henderson" along with Rollins Ross and friends. Free and open to all. See here for more details.
4. Boston Fashion Week: Boston Fashion Week kicks off tonight with an opening gala at The Mandarin Oriental and continues through Oct. 6, jam-packed with events at venues in Back Bay, Beacon Hill, downtown and more. Tonight's Opening Night Gala in "The Tent" shines a spotlight on local designers. See more on Back Bay Patch.
5. THIS WEEKEND: Food Fest: This Sunday, The Phantom Gourmet is hosting a street fest on Lansdowne Street. Tickets are $50, $40 in advance. Bars and restaurants will be open, the Patriots game will be shown on 200 large screen TVs and the indoor/outdoor scene will offer samples of more than 100 Phantom Gourmet foods.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.