1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with a high near 69 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to around 56 degrees.
2. Photography: On Saturday, the Boston Center for Adult Education (122 Arlington St.) will hold “Take a Shot: Digital Photography Symposium,” designed to provide information and technique sharing through various interactive and intensive workshops taught by some of the most recognized photographers in New England. A fee of $125 gets you three classes from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. and includes lunch. Your own digital camera is required. See here for more details.
3. A Two-Part Show: Sleeping Weazel presents: Women and Manners: Are We Done Yet? playing this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at The Factory Theatre (791 Tremont St.) The show is a double bill that includes internationally-acclaimed playwright Constance Congdon's Is Sex Possible? and Kenneth Prestininzi’s Birth Breath Bride Elizabeth, a crackpot lecture gone awry for young brides. Tickets are $15. See here for more information.
4. Play Opens: The Fakus – A Noir,a head-spinning theatrical romp mingling money, passion and dreams, opens tonight at the Boston Center for The Arts Plaza Theatre, (539 Tremont St.) through October 6th. Tickets range from $21.50 to $29.50. See here for more details.
5. A Star is Born: Be in the audience for the 5th annual "Stars Over Boston" talent competition, happening in the South End tonight at 8 p.m. at Boston’s Stanford Calderwood Pavilion (527 Tremont St.) It's Boston's version of American Idol: Ten finalists will step into the spotlight and live their dream. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.