1. Weather: The National Weather Service says that showers are likely on this cloudy, 74-degree day. The evening will be rainy as well with a low of 61 degrees.
2. Attention Democrats: Join in on the inaugural kick-off party of the Boston chapter of Tech 4 Obama to meet fellow tech enthusiasts, innovators, and entreprenuers, and show your support the Obama Campaign. The group will be watching the Presidential Debates, discussing the issues, and hearing from leaders of the tech start-up scene, including guest speakers: Bijan Sabet and Susan Crawford. The event gets under way at 8 p.m. at 500 Harrison Ave, 3R. See here for more information.
3. Reading Readiness: The Boston Public Library is hosting a class for toddlers to 5-year-olds that will focus on reading. Come by the BPL from 3 to 3:50 p.m. to work on reading skills for your child.
4. Public Safety and Steering Committee: Stop by the Public Safety Committee meeting tongiht from 7 to 7:45 p.m., or the Steering Committee from 7:45 to 8:30 p.m. to learn more about the open-air toilet at Mass Ave or lights out in public parks, and more safety issues in the neighborhood. See here for more details.
5. Happy Birthday to me: Dear readers, today is my birthday. You can give me a little something special today by signing up for our morning email news blast, liking our Facebook page, or following us on Twitter. All three ways will get you the news you care about from the South End, and give you a place to interact with others in the South End community. Thanks for reading, as always!
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.