1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with highs in the low 60s. The evening will cool down to the upper 40s.
2. Last day to vote: Today is the last day to register to vote in the November 6th elections. The Boston Election Department is located in City Hall, Room 241, and is open from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. today for in-person registrations. For more information on how to register in Boston, see here.
3. Earthquake hits: If you felt a bit of shaking last night, it wasn't just a big truck or some rowdy neighbors. A 4.0 magnitude earthquake occurred about 30 miles from Portland, Maine, sending shocks all the way down the East Coast through Boston and the South Shore. Read more on that here.
4. Photography Exhibit: United South End Settlements' (USES) Harriet Tubman Gallery presents a glimpse into photographer Thaddeus Miles’s 365 Project which highlights four main areas of focus with the upcoming exhibition: “The Pillars” on view October 1 – November 21, 2012. Tonight, there's a reception from 6-8 p.m. at 566 Columbus Ave. See here for more details.
5. Change your Life: Join the experts at Aum Healing Center (1244 Washington St.) for an 8 week program designed to teach powerful life changing principles to manifest and create your dreams come true. Program costs $180. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.