1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with a chance of morning showers. Temperatures will reach the mid 50s. The evening will clear up and cool off to the low 30s. Cold weather is headed our way, folks.
2. Decoupage Workshop: Decoupage is the art of collage. South End Artist Jennifer Sherr hosts this one-day workshop focusing on the basic technique of decoupage and faux painting. You will recreate a item on a home or wearable item. All supplies are included. Takes place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 59 Wareham Street. See here for more details.
3. Cheese with that Wine: Welcome fall at Formaggio Kitchen South End, (268 Shawmut Ave) this afternoon with a tasting of three tasty wines from France & Italy, all of which pair nicely with cheese. Poured by Kevin from Ideal Wines. See here for more information.
4. For the Younger Set: Coco Baby, (1636 Washington St.) is hosting a special four class workshop for your preschool aged kids that explores the changes of fall in nature. The farm experts at Newton Community Farm will share a piece of the farm experience, right in our own urban backyard. The workshop may be attended as a one-off or a series. Classes start today at 9:30 a.m. Read more here.
5. Ski and Snowboard Sale: It'll be snowing before you know it. Stop by YES's South End Office (412 Massachusetts Ave.) on Saturday between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. for an affordable selection of new and gently used ski and snowboard gear. You can find skis and bindings for $5, and snowboards for $20. See here for more info.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.