1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high of 60 degrees. The evening will cloud over and cool off to the mid 40s.
2. Homeless to Get Registered to Vote: Pine Street Inn will hold a voter registration forum at its Harrison Avenue shelter today at 11:30 p.m. One of the goals of the event is to address misconceptions about voting rights. Many homeless individuals believe that if you do not have a home, or have been incarcerated, that you have lost your right to vote. Three elected officials, Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz, Rep. Aaron Michlewitz and Rep. Liz Malia will be in attendance. Pine Street staff will assist guests in registering.
3. For fans of Architecture: Author David Macauly will be speaking at the Boston Public Library about famous architectural works from the pyramids of Egypt to the skyscrapers of New York City. This free lecture is being held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. tonight at the library's central branch.
4. South End Fun Run: Join in the South End Athletic Company's (652 Tremont St.) fun run tonight at 6:30 p.m. The group will leave from 652 Tremont St. and do group drills and a light workout. See here for more details.
5. New England Aquarium Lecture: Fish Meat: It’s Hard to Know What to Eat: We love seafood, but the seas are running out of fish. This lecture hosted by the New England Aquarium will discuss what farmed fish are and how we can create a sustainable aquaculture. Stop by at 7 p.m. in the Aquarium's Harborside Learning Lab. You can register here.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.