1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts another cloudy day with a high in the low 60s. The evening will cool down to the lower 40s with a chance of showers.
2. Kids Playtime: Head to Coco Baby (1636 Washington St.) on Wednesdays for a fun-filled afternoon of play time, arts and crafts, music, and more! Oh, and your kids will have fun too. Drop off your kids from 3 to 6 p.m. and UrbanSitters will be teaching, playing, and making music with your kids while you enjoy an afternoon to yourself. See here for more information.
3. The Rise and Fall of Poorhouses in Massachusetts: Poorhouses and town farms were seen as a means of reforming the poor and homeless in the Commonwealth from the 17th to the 20th centuries. The Boston Public Library-Central Branch is hosting a talk on poorhouses and the “tramp menace” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
4. Bach, Beethoven and Poulenc: Come down to the Church of St. John the Evangelist (35 Bowdoin St.) for a free 45-minute violin and piano duo recital from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m.
5. Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Present Fully Charged: Fully Charged is coming to the TD Garden. Fun for the whole family starts at 7 p.m. Cost of admissions ranges from $20 to $140. The circus will be here Wednesday through Sunday.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.