1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high near 51 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 38 degrees.
2. OutRyders Opening Party: OutRyders, a New England-based GLBT ski and snowboard club, will kick-off its 12th season tonight at Club Cafe (209 Columbus Ave.) The party is open to members and non-members. There will be a DJ on scene, appetizers, a raffle, and information about the upcoming season's events. See here for more details.
3. Value Wine Tasting: Stop by Formaggio Kitchen South End (268 Shawmut Ave.) between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. today to taste three wines chosen specifically to ease the transition into cooler fall weather. The wine is supplied by nearby Ideal Wines. See here for more details.
4. Silhouette Artist: Silhouette artist Erik Johnson will be at Coco Baby (1636 Washington St.) all day on Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Silhouettes are $25, and take 5 minutes. See here for more information.
5. Help Hurricane Sandy Victims: Equinox (131 Dartmouth St.) is offering two ways to help support the victims of Hurricane Sandy. First, there's a specially designed t-shirt you can buy for $35 with the proceeds going towards the American Red Cross. Second, a donation of $100 gets you into a group of fitness classes happening on Nov. 10th that include cycling, tabata, pilates, and more. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.