1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a clear day with a high near 50 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 35 degrees.
5. South End Wine Tour: City Wine Tours is offering a two-hour South End wine tour, with VIP access at three wine destinations this weekend at 3 p.m. Enjoy enjoy expert wine instruction combined with a pleasant stroll through the South End's wide streets and beautiful brownstones. Cost is $56/person. See here for information on tickets.
3. Free Acupuncture: Pathways to Wellness (1601 Washington St.) is offering a free acupuncture workshop today from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. designed to introduce you to acupuncture and answer any questions. “Acupuncture 101” will be presented free of charge For more information and to reserve your spot, see here.
4. Expert Talk: Bill Raymer, owner of the South End antique store Restoration Resources, has been invited to speak at the ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX) today from 1-2:30 p.m. at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Raymer, an architectural salvage expert, will be presenting as a member of the interior design group Steampunk by Design. See here for more details.
5. Zumba for a Good Cause: Tonight from 7-9 p.m., head to The Z Spot Boston (121 E Berkeley St.) for a night of Zumba® Fitness dedicated to Hip Hop music, all in the name of hurricane sandy relief. If you can't make the event, they are also accepting donations of blankets, gloves, hats, diapers, flashlights and more or make a donation online: http://bitly.com/U5mYzm. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.