1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 47 degrees. Here's hoping today's weather melts the rest of that snow!
2. South End at the BPL: Stop by the Boston Public Library anytime from now through Jan. 19th to see a photo exhibit from 1986-1987, showcasing Dudley Square, Northampton Street, Forest Hills and Dover Street (Berkeley Street). "An Elevated View" features 65 photographs from the re-location of the Orange Line project held by the Boston Public Library Print Department. See here for more information.
3. Signup for Boston Alerts: With possible snow emergencies coming, it's a good time to make sure your updated contact information is registered with Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system. Sign up to get emergency alerts on your phone, by email or text message.
4. ONEin3 Council: Mayor Thomas Menino is looking for new members for his ONEin3 Council. The council is open to civic-minded individuals ages 20-34 who want to collaborate on projects designed to engage Boston’s young adult population. Applications are being accepted for the 24-member council through Jan. 25. See here for more information.
5. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations on Saturday, Jan. 12 through Sunday, Jan. 13. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.