1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny with a high of 42 degrees.
2. South End Restaurants Join CityFeast: Joining the 8th Annual CityFeast on Jan. 27th are two South End Staples: Tremont 647 and The Gallows. The annual event's proceeds will benefit Joslin Diabetes Center’s High Hopes Fund, which provides support for research, clinical care and education for people living with diabetes and their families. CityFeast tickets (priced at $150 each; of which $100 is tax deductible) include a five-course dinner with wine pairings at the choice participating restaurant. See here details here.
3. Volunteers Needed: The American Liver Foundation is seeking volunteers who will run the 2013 Boston Marathon as part of their team. This year will mark the 25th year participating as a charity partner of the Boston Marathon. See here for information on joining the team.
4. Flu Shot No Go: After last weekend's massive flu clinic, there are no flu shots available at any CVS in Boston, according to a Back Bay pharmacist. And neither Rite-Aid on Cambridge Street nor Massachusetts General Hospital clinics have any in stock. But CVS and Rite-Aid are expecting a shipment this week, so stay tuned.
5. South End Writes : Tonight, author and frequent New York Times book reviewer Leah Hager Cohen will read from "The Grief of Others" at the South End Library. She will be introduced by novelist Sue Miller who is completing her next book. It starts at 6:30 p.m.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.