1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a high of 41 degrees.
2. Meet the Friends of Blackstone School: Looking to get involved with the newly formed Friends of the Blackstone School? New volunteers are invited to join in today at 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. at William Blackstone Elementary School, (380 Shawmut Ave) for a light breakfast and discussion about the Blackstone School, group initiatives and volunteer opportunities. There will be a tour of the school and a welcome from the principal. Please RSVP. See here for more information.
3. Get a Free Flu Shot This Weekend: You can get a free flu shot at the South Cove Community Health Center (885 Washington St.) Saturday form 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Note: Limited to ages 18 and up. or get one at the South End Community Health Center (1601 Washington St.) on Saturday from, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1601 Washington St., Boston. See here for more information.
4. SOWA Open Market Applications: Ever want to be a vendor at the SOWA Open Market? Applications for the 10th season are now available on their website: http://www.sowaopenmarket.com/
5. South End Wine Tour Expands: The South End Wine tour has added on three new restaurants: Fourm, Zocalo & the Urban Grape, where you can experience new wines along with food pairings from the restaurants. The tour will operate on Sunday afternoons from 3-5 p.m. and is priced at $56.00. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.