1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 50 degrees. It's too early to be spring, but after last weekend, we'll take it.
2. Special Dinner at Estragon: Codorniu will host an exclusive vintner dinner at Estragon Tapas Bar (700 Harrison Ave.) tonight at 7:30 p.m. Guests will be provided the opportunity to taste creative pairings of food and wine as they learn about each. To purchase tickets call 617-266-0443. See here for more information.
3. Happy Valentine's Day: Just because Valentine's Day is over doesn't mean you can't celebrate with your loved one all weekend. If you didn't go out on Thursday night, you can still bring him/her to out for a romantic dinner tonight to these South End restaurants that are offering Valentine's Day specials through the weekend.
4. Learn Decoupage: Decoupage is the art of collage. South End Artist Jennifer Sherr hosts this one-day workshop focusing on the basic technique of decoupage and faux painting. You will recreate a item on a home or wearable item. All supplies are included. Takes place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 59 Wareham Street. See here for more details.
5. Add your events: Do you have a great event coming up at your organization or business? If it's happening right here in the South End, add it to the Events Calendar! I feature great events every single day in the daily email update, on the homepage and on social media, so add yours to the mix and help get the word out to South Enders about what's happening in their neighborhood. Click here to add an event.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.