1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 45 degrees. Melt, baby, melt!
2. Boston Parking Ban Still in Effect: As of Tuesday morning, Boston's Snow Emergency Parking ban is still in effect. In the South End, this means no parking on parts of Columbus Avenue, Dartmouth Street East Berkeley Street, Harrison Avenue, Herald Street, Massachusetts Avenue, Tremont Street, and Washington Street, among others. We'll keep you posted when the ban is eventually lifted.
3. No School Today: Boston Public Schools announced last night that there would again be no school on Tuesday for Boston students. The city is still at work clearing bus routes and removing snow from school facilities.
4. Mardi Gras at the Beehive: “Laissez les bons temps rouler!" tonight at the The Beehive Restaurant (541 Tremont St.) 6th Annual Mardi Gras celebration tonight at 5 p.m. You'll get to hear jazz from the BT New Orleans 2nd Line Brass Band, try Cajun inspired à la carte specials, and finish off your meal with a big Hurricane. See here for more details.
5. How to Report Issues to the City: If you're dealing with unplowed sidewalks, unplowed streets, or huge piles of snow, reach out to the city of Boston and let them know. You can report via Twitter (@notifyboston), you can call the Mayor's Hotline at 617-635-4500 or go online to http://www.cityofboston.gov/mayor/24/.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.