1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a chance of snow and sleet today, mainly after 2 p.m. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
2. ARL Fundraiser: Planet Self Storage (33 Traveler St.) is now collecting donations for the Animal Rescue League of Boston. Drop off any pet food, toys, beds, blankets anytime during normal business hours. See here for more information.
3. Pay-what-you-can Yoga: Stop by Urbanity Dance, 280 Shawmut Ave. for Slow Flow and Core Yoga today at 8 a.m. This class is a pay-what-you-can class, but the suggested contribution is $5-$15 per class. The class is for all experience levels, including beginners.See here for more details.
4. Volunteers Needed: The American Liver Foundation is seeking volunteers who will run the 2013 Boston Marathon as part of their team. This year will mark the 25th year participating as a charity partner of the Boston Marathon. See here for information on joining the team.
5. Add your announcements: Is your organization raising money for a cause or looking for volunteers? You can let the whole neighborhood know by adding an announcement to South End Patch. Just go to southend.patch.com/announcements/new.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.