1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting today will be rainy, cloudy and windy with a high near 49 degrees. Winds could gust as high as 49 mph, and the chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
2. Holiday Wine Tasting: Figure out what to serve this weekend through a tasting of an assortment of festive bubblies and cocktail components for your holiday parties at 5 p.m. at Formaggio Kitchen South End (268 Shawmut Ave.) Hosted by Derek from Atlantic Importing. See here for more details.
3. Film Screening - Celebrate the old black and white films with Noire Fridays at the South End Branch Library (685 Tremont St.) today at 2 p.m. Today's showing is "Ange Face" with Robert Mitchum. See here for more info.
4. Christmas Eve Brunch: (Masa (Boston 439 Tremont St.) will be open for a special Holiday Brunch, on Monday, December 24th. Take time out of your hustle and bustle Christmas Eve morning just for you! Enjoy a delicious Southwestern brunch paired with a Bloody Maria or mimosa to start the holiday morning off right! See here for more details.
5. A few days off: Your trusty editor will be taking a few days off from South End Patch this weekend, Monday and Tuesday, but don't let that fool you - we'll still have lots of great, local articles on the site for you to read over the weekend and early next week. (I know, because I've written them all in advance.) If you're looking to post something to the site during your time off from work, please remember you can post to the site directly at southend.patch.com/events/new for events, southend.patch.com/announcements/new for announcements, and southend.patch.com/blog/apply to share your opinion in a blog. Thanks and I wish everyone the best and happy holidays!
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.