1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high near 42 degrees.
2. Learn to Tango - Sure, it takes two to tango, but it also takes some tango lessons. Head to MOVIMIENTO (450 Harrison Ave # 61) for a crash course in level one tango tonight at 6:30 or 8 p.m. You'll be introduced to Tango music, walking, rock steps and walking combinations with side steps. No partner is required. Cost is $55 per person and you can pay at the door. See here for more details.
3. Voting is on for Boston-wide Contest: Remember the Deck the Windows contest for Boston-wide businesses? Coco Baby (1636 Washington St.) has won for the South End's Washington Gateway Main Street district. The store's display will now go up against the other neighborhood finalists. You can vote for your favorite from now through Dec. 18th. Vote and see more details here.
4. Shop Local: Tonight the 4th Annual South End Holiday Shopping Night continues from 4-8 p.m. Shop at any of the participating businesses you will get a coupon for $10 off a participating restaurant, and everytime you dine at one of those restaurants, you get a coupon for 10 percent off at participating stores. You can see the full list here.
Speaking of holiday shopping, check out the South End Holiday Gift Shopping guide, which offers ideas for finding unique, locally made or sold gifts this holiday season. All items in the gallery can be purchased right here in the South End. If you know of a great gift, please feel free to upload it to the article to share with your neighbors.
5. Fill a Bus for Charity: The MBTA and MassDOT is looking for help filling one of their buses with toys. Drop off new, unwrapped toys to the bus in South Station through Dec. 14, and the gifts will benefit Action for Boston Community Development, Freedom House, The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC) and Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.