1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, partly sunny day with a high near 68 degrees.
2. Fall Cleanup: Join your Berkeley Community Garden neighbors as they wrap up the growing season and prepare the garden for winter. Help is needed in the morning around 10 a.m., and bring a dish for a pot luck lunch. See here for more details.
3. Help Hayes Park: Join friends and neighbors on Saturday for wine and hors d'oeuvres and an auction to support Hayes Park, an urban oasis located at the corner of Warren Avenue and West Canton Street. Items for both the silent and live auctions include dinner at some of Boston's finest restaurants and tickets for numerous cultural and sporting events. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Event starts at 4 p.m. See here for more information.
4. Free Play Date: Bring your kids to the Pine Village Preschool (700 Harrison Ave.) for a free playdate each Friday this fall at 9 a.m. Kids will participate in theme-based curriculum activities designed and led by the school's staff. All children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. See here for more.
5. Halloween events: There are a ton of great events happening for Halloween right here in the South End, including the Halloween Festival in Blackstone Square, the 2nd Annual Halloween Jam! the Chandler Street Halloween Party and more. See our events calendar or our South End Halloween events guide for more.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.