1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 61 degrees.
2. Beehive: For those looking to celebrate after the game, The Beehive (541 Tremont St.) invites fans from from 5 p.m. until 2 a.m. to enjoy live music and a celebratory meal with Beehive favorites, like the Beehive Prime Burger with Frites & Slaw ($16) or Lowcountry Shrimp & Grits with Jalapenos, Watercress and Caramelized Onions ($24) and a mug of ice cold Beehive Honey Brew ($5.25/$8). The Bruce Ferrara Quartet will take the stage at 8 p.m. until midnight. See here for more information.
3. Coda: The kickoff of baseball season demands hotdogs and beer and if you won't be at the Green Monster, head over to Coda Bar & Kitchen (329 Columbus Ave.) for a variety of $9 hotdogs to choose from, including the classic Fenway Frank, a New York "Dirty Water" Dog (mustard and sauerkraut), the Philly (cheese sauce, peppers and onions) and several others. See here for more information.
4. Can You Eat That? Ever wondered if that berry growing on the tree outside on the streets of Boston is actually safe to eat? Tonight from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at at the Boston Center for Adult Education (122 Arlington St.) Executive Chef Josh Lewin of the Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro will teach students about the many edible herbs and plants available right here in New England. Cost is $70. See here for more information.
5. A Good Deed: After hearing about the recent theft of sprinkler heads from the E. Berkeley gardens, Developer of the Chevron on Tremont, Peter Georgantas of Peg Properties, is reportedly sending the community garden the $2,200 to replace all the heads. A big thank you from the neighborhood!
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.