1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day, with a high near 75 degrees.
2. Pride Singles Auction: Tonight at Club Cafe, (209 Columbus Ave.) Boston’s MaverickMen, Cole & Hunter are emceeing a special Pride bachelor & bachelorette auction presented by the Theatre Offensive. Bid to win a wonderful date with one (or two) sexy singles. All winners will receive a gift certificate. Tickets are $5 in advance, and $10 at the door. See here for more information.
3. Art Show: The South End Community Health Center, (1601 Washington St.) has announced it will host its first ever art show on Saturday, June 15, 2013. The organization will bring together a number of accomplish artists to help raise awarness about their mission and impact in the South End. Twenty percent of the sale proceeds made during the show will support the nonprofit. See here for more information.
4. Book Talk: Boston Building Resources (100 Terrace St.) in Roxbury hosts a book talk with Jeff Deyette, the co-author of the Boston Globe bestseller “Cooler Smarter: Practical Steps for Low-Carbon Living,” tonight at 6:30 p.m. Based on two years of research and analysis, the book shows the most effective strategies for reducing your global warming emissions, and how to take action at work, in your community, and politically. See here for more information.
5. Markey in Chinatown: OK, it's not the South End, but it's close. Congressman Edward Markey, and candidate for U.S. Senate, will be at the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (38 Ash St.) on Friday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. as part of a 'Community Conversations' Speaker Series. The idea is to offer the community a chance to have conversations with some of the most prominent decision-makers in the state. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.