1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high of 80 degrees. The evening will cool off to 62 degrees.
2. Harlow Giles Unger on John Quincy Adams: The Boston Public Library is hosting an author talk with Harlow Giles Unger about his book, “John Quincy Adams: A Life," today at the central branch from 6:30 to 7 p.m. Learn about Adams’s great struggles for law and liberty, including his fight against the so-called Gag Rule, which prevented the discussion of slavery in Congress.
3. Back to Food Basics: Join Sarika Arora, MD, an internal medicine physican, will speak about the benefits of food as medicine at the South End Library ( 685 Tremont St.) today at 5 p.m. You will learn: Top foods for your brain, quick delicious snacks, tips for enhancing immunity, and energy boosting breakfasts.
4. Neighborhood Meeting: The Friends of the Blackstone/Franklin Squares Group meets tonight at Las Ventas, 700 Harrison Avenue. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. On the agenda are updates on fountain renovations, new trash barrels and more. See here for more details.
5. Lecture: A Northern Confederacy?: By the fall of 1814, the opposition of New England Federalists to the War of 1812 was so vehement that the Union seemed to be in danger. Come hear this free lecture on the War of 1812 at 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Old South Meeting House. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.