1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high near 49 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 37 degrees.
2. Lights on Washignton Street: Join Mayor Thomas M. Menino and Washington Gateway Main Street to celebrate Holidays on Main Streets and the season’s first neighborhood tree lighting Tuesday, November 20th, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Puerto Rican Veterans Monument Square at the corner of Washington St and West Dedham St. Enjoy music, face painting, arts & crafts, other family friendly activities and refreshments while helping the Mayor, Rudolph, and Master of Ceremonies Jonathan Soroff light the tree. See here for more details.
3. ABCD Needs Volunteers: The South End-based non-profit is looking for volunteers to help Boston residents get free tax preparation assistance. Take a free training and be prepared to help others save money on tax preparation. See here for more information.
4. Holiday Wreath Sale: The Pilot Block Neighborhood Association will be hanging wreaths on light-poles, and is also selling wreaths as a fund-raiser. Wreaths are $16 each, with a portion of the proceeds going to the PBNA and local South End activities. Wreaths will be available for pickup, or arrange delivery, on Dec 8th. See here for the order form and more info.
5. Attention South End Businesses! Are you offering any special Black Friday deal or promotion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the details for inclusion in an upcoming article. It will be a great way to get the word out to residents, and a great way for residents to know what the deals are right in their own neighborhood!
Things you can do every day on South End Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.