1. After a partly cloudy day, rain is expected to hit the area around 6 p.m. and continue on through Friday morning. Temperatures should reach the high 30s today.
2. A recent survey/article by Travel and Leisure magazine pegs Boston as the fifth rudest city in America. But we want to know: So far, the North End leads the way, followed closely by Back Bay, with Allston/Brighton and Roxbury tied for third.
3. This fall, the Phantom Gourmet’s Dave Andelman . His favorite restaurants were , , and . We want to know: So far, Stella and Toro have received the most votes.
4. By now you should know, the New England Patriots are headed to the Super Bowl. However, the question remains: So far, South Enders are overwhelmingly pumped for the big game.
5. You can’t vote on this next one, but if you’re interested (and willing to spend the money), you can see 14 of Boston’s best chefs duke it out in a cooking competition, which will support President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign. starts at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31, at the . The cooking competition slash fundraiser will have Gov. Deval Patrick, his wife Diane and chef Ming Tsai as celebrity judges.