1. Is it really January? Temperatures could approach 50 degrees today. It’s supposed to be sunny throughout the day.
2. A pigeon with a bum leg was rescued Monday in front of a South End nail salon by workers from the , according to the organization’s Twitter account, @ARLBostonRescue. Just after noon Monday, the South End-based organization tweeted about the rescue. About an hour later, it tweeted a photo of the pigeon (shown above). If you see an injured animal, you can call the league’s Rescue Hotline, 1-657-777-ARLB (2752). For more on the league, located at 10 Chandler St., visit its website, and to see more of its great work, check out our weekly , which features pets up for adoption.
3. If you’re a foodie looking to support President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, look no further than at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at the . Fourteen of the Hub’s best chefs will be on hand, as Gov. Deval Patrick, his wife Diane and chef Ming Tsai serve as the celebrity judges.
4. The Ellis South End Neighborhood Association’s Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24, on the fifth floor of the , 19 Clarendon St. No agenda has been posted yet on the association’s website.
5. The Worcester Square Area Neighborhood Association will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24, in conference rooms C and D on the second floor of the , 88 East Newton St. No agenda has been posted yet on the association’s website.