1. It’s supposed to rain throughout the day today and into the evening. Temperatures are expected to be in the high 30s to low 40s.
2. The city Environment Department’s Subcommittee of the South End Landmark District Commission will meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, at 540 Tremont St., Suite 8, to review New Boston Ventures condo proposal for the Hite Radio and TV site at 1672 Washington St. New Boston Ventures, which recently purchased the property, plans to demolish the existing building and construct a six-story condo building.
3. Denver Mayor Michael Hancock made good on with Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino Sunday, as he wore a No. 12 Tom Brady jersey to a Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz game, according to Boston.com (link with photo). Hancock’s Broncos were trounced by Menino’s Patriots 45-10 Saturday night in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough. Next up, the Patriots will face the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC championship game at 3 p.m. Sunday back at Gillette.
4. Young adult author Wendy Wunder will read from her new book for teens, “The Probability of Miracles,” at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, at the . The book is from the viewpoint of a teenage girl battling cancer.
5. With , the MBTA is holding over the next couple of months, one of which is this Thursday, Jan. 19, in the Roxbury Community College Auditorium. Thursday’s meeting goes from 6 to 8 p.m. in the auditorium at 1234 Columbus Ave. None of the MBTA’s 20 meetings will be held in the South End. However, . Also, check out .