1. Rain is expected to hit the area, starting at about 6 p.m. and continuing on until Friday morning. Temperatures should be in the high 40s during the day today.
2. Want to know more about the South End’s history? Of course you do. South End Historical Society’s executive director and South End Patch blogger Hope Shannon will be giving a talk and slide presentation at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the society’s headquarters, 532 Massachusetts Ave. She’ll be repeating her presentation next Thursday, Feb. 23, at 12:15 p.m. at the Old South Meeting House, corner of Washington and Milk Streets, for the “Middays at the Meeting House” lecture series. Reservations are required for both events. Call 617-536-4445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Complete details.
3. Ronan Tynan, the Irish tenor best known for singing “God Bless America” at New York Yankees games, will perform a benefit concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 18, at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. Complete details.
4. Nominations are now being accepted for marshals for Boston’s annual Pride Parade, on Saturday, June 9. See Wednesday’s full story for complete details and for more on the parade overall.
5. What do you think the most important issue is in the U.S. Senate race? Let us know.