1. After some rain and snow this morning, the sun should peak out with temperatures in the high 30s to low 40s.
2. Panera Bread will be handing out free coffee and cookies at the Government Center T stop from 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, as part of its February “Warm-up Wednesday” promotion. Participating Paneras will also be offering the giveaway, so possibly the two near the South End, at 450 Boylston St. and 289 Huntington Ave. South Enders shouldn’t have to “warm-up” too much Wednesday, as temperatures are expected to reach 59 degrees.
3. If you’re a foodie looking to support President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, look no further than at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31, at the . Fourteen of the Hub’s best chefs will be on hand, as Gov. Deval Patrick, his wife Diane and chef Ming Tsai serve as the celebrity judges.
4. The Eight Streets Neighborhood Association will hold its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, in Boston Ballet’s fifth-floor board room. The business portion of the meeting, which starts at 7 p.m., will address the new building proposal for 518 Tremont St., the “Old Dutch Candy,” one-story building between Dwight Street and PA705. A vote will take place after a presentation.
5. The Chester Square Area Neighborhood Association will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, at the Harriet Tubman Building.