1. It's a hot one: humid with highs in the upper 90s, sunny skies and a chance of (potentially severe) thunderstorms in the afternoon.
2. Can't seem to beat the heat? The city's got some tips on how to keep cool this summer including limiting activities during very hot weather, drinking plenty of fluids, and avoiding beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol. Additional measures include avoiding cooking, taking cool showers or baths, and wearing loose, light-colored clothing. For more info and emergency contacts click here.
3. Here's something you might not know: each year the hands out $200,000 to students in the form of music scholarships. Want to help the effort? Consider attending this Sunday's Century 2.0, a gala concert and celebration including performances by adult chorus Una Voice, a 35-member chamber orchestra and many other groups. Proceeds will go to the student scholarship fund. The gala starts at 2 p.m. and will be followed by a reception. Click here for more info and to make a donation.
4. Stop by later today for a peak at our new weekly feature: SoWa Spotlight. We'll be interviewing artists, curators and shop-owners found south of Washington Street every week. First up: Melody Fortier of Tangerine Boutique.
5. And in case you missed it: a video of protesters gathering outside the Wang Theatre for Tuesday night's Deep Purple show. No, the protesters don't have a problem with British rock bands, they were protesting the show's opening act: Ernie (Boch) and the Automatics.